The Clawson House Inn was built by a mine manager in 1895. It was originally a mansion and the private residence of the Clawson family. A bitter labor dispute in the late 1890’s caused the mining company to bring in scabs across the picket lines in order to continue the mining. Three of these men were staying at the Clawson House Inn and were killed by the striking miners. Their spirits seem to be trapped in the house. Additionally, Mrs. Clawson’s kind spirit still remains.
The Clawson house is located at 116 Clawson Avenue in Bisbee.